Key Takeaways from the CPCA 2022 AGM, June 8-10, Whistler BC,
The AGM is a “must attend” event to gather knowledge and network with colleagues who have a stake in building our industry. With the right mix of business topics and networking you will leave the AGM better informed, connected, and engaged in a host of new ideas to address challenges in the marketplace and learn how to adapt in an evolving industry.
The 2022 event featured some truly engaging and informative keynotes including:
- Opening Keynote: David Allison, Valuegraphics, “The Science of Influence: Breakthrough Data to Motivate Equipment Buyers“
- Andrew Wynn-Williams, Divisional Vice-President, CME “Trade & Investment in the Manufacturing Sector”
- James Donaldson: CEO at BC Food & Beverage, “Canada’s Supply Chain & Labour Challenges – Implications and Solutions”
- Dale Wheeldon, President and CEO: British Columbia Economic Development Association, “Creating Provincial Strengths”
- Stuart Ducoffe (B.C.L., LL.B., CHRL) founder of e2r™, “The New World of Remote Work”
- Paul Tsounis, M.A. Econ/Fin, Senior Manager, Community Relationships and Monitoring, Alberta Energy
Social events included:
- Annual golf tournament at the Whistler Golf & Country Club
- Spousal program including a spa event and lunch
- Mountain top networking reception and dinner
- Patio dinners facing the mountain
Business Meeting Structure
- Both organizations enjoyed the keynotes together but separated for individual business meetings, including updates on market insight, academic liaison and regulatory issues. CPCA kicked off the event with a Board of Directors’ meeting then we headed mountain top for a wonderful evening mountain top.
- Thursday and Friday were a mix of keynotes and business meetings and workshops where members were involved in planning future CPCA programs.
- The event concluded with a group dinner in Whistler Village.