To achieve this goal, the CPCA has developed many programs to support students in need of financial assistance as they pursue their education, provide feedback to the technical colleges and universities on modifying curriculum to meet current market requirements and skill sets, and helping educate students in the numerous career paths open to technical grads within the Instrumentation and Process Automation Industry. Currently these initiatives include:
- 6 scholarships awarded each year at technical colleges and universities across Canada to support students with strong academic skills and financial need.
- CPCA Board members sitting on Advisory Boards at several Technical Colleges to provide input on course content and new initiatives.
- Providing Information Sessions to students outlining Career Opportunities with the Industry, normally using a graduate from the school, to provide personal perspectives on their chosen career.
- Establishment of a Career Center for posting of Job openings, position descriptions and details about the Process Automation Field.
- Having a Board position dedicated to representation from the Academic Community foe closer Liaison.
The enclosed Chart has been developed to tabulate the Career Opportunities from primarily business oriented to very technically related positions. It is part of the Career package available on the CPCA website.
To get more information on our Academic & Educational support initiatives, please visit the CPCA website at: