To establish an academic liaison between the Canadian Process Control industry and academic institutions to provide students of engineering & technology as well as faculty members with greater knowledge of the role and contribution that process control plays in our industrial infrastructure.
To promote continued growth and development of the science and technology of instrumentation and automation technology by encouraging, promoting and supporting students and academic institutions.
Each year, the CPCA Academic Liaison & Education Committee accepts and reviews applications for scholarship and bursary awards with selected universities and educational institutions. The recommendations are then presented to the CPCA board for review and ratification. Typically the academic institution selected by CPCA selects the qualified students based upon CPCA criteria.
Student & institutional award applications are judged and awarded based on merit with the following general requirements:
- Full time undergraduate engineering and technology students pursuing studies in instrumentation, automation and/or control systems.
- Canadian citizenship or permanent resident of Canada
- 1998 - CPCA established the Academic Liason & Education Committee
- 1998 - Provided a scholarship award to the University of New Brunswick (UNB)
- 1999 - Provided 3 bursary awards to the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
- 2000 - Continued support of both UNB & BCIT
- 2001 - Continued support of UNB for 2 students
- 2002 - Provided scholarship to Seneca College
- 2003 - Provided scholarship to SAIT
- 2004 - Scholarship to Vanier College
- 2005 - Bursary to: BCIT, Lambton College, Mohawk College, NAIT
- Scholarship to: Vanier
- 2006 - Scholarships to:
SAIT, Mohawk College, Lambton College, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, British Columbia Institute of Technology
- 2007 - Scholarship to: Mohawk College, SAIT, NAIT, Lambton College, BCIT
- Current - 5 year agreements with NAIT, Lambton and McMaster to provide 5 year commitments for $2500/year each